- Designed to get people to act quickly, spot patterns and “get out of their heads.”
A big enough space for the entire class to stand in a circle comfortably.
- Hot Spot begins with the group standing in a circle.
- A suggestion may be given, but it is not necessary. One person will step into the center of the circle and begin singing a song, preferably a song most of the group already knows.
- After a few brief lines of song someone must tap out the player in the center and take their place. That player then begins singing a new song somehow inspired by the previous song.
- That becomes the pattern, as player after player tap into the the center of the circle to sing a song.
- Players in the surrounding circle may support by singing along, clapping hands, impersonating instruments, etc.
- The circle also provides support by tapping in to move the exercise along and not leave the singer in the center for too long.
- Made-up Hot Spot: Like regular hot spot, except the songs are made up on the spot. Players in the circle are still encouraged to sing along.
- Monologue Hot Spot: Instead of singing, the person taking the center begins to tell a story. Someone from the circle usually taps in before the story is over.
- Character Hot Spot: Instead of singing, the person taking the center begins to tell a story as a character. The person may jump back into the circle at a later time, still acting as the original character.
- Misheard Lyrics Hot Spot: Songs are sung with lyrics that are close, but not quite right.
Image courtesy of imagerymajestic at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
2 thoughts on “Drama Game: Hot Spot”
I have looked at many sites and lost track. Are you the site that has 3 levels of membership for different numbers of downloads of games, etc.?
Hi Janith, all of our games are completely free and do not require any membership. We also offer helpful lesson plans, monologues and other teaching drama resources for purchase here: https://bbbpress.com/teaching-drama/