Purpose: This is a great intro to pantomime.
1. With the class seated, ask two students to take the stage.
2. Ask these two students to hold a large, imaginary bucket, one person on either side.
3. The instructor will fill the bucket with water from an imaginary hose.
4. The goal of these students is to carry the bucket from one side of the stage to the other.Then they are to dump out the water and bring the bucket back.
5. The kids should demonstrate the differences of weight of the bucket in their bodies and expressions.
6. Consider adding other elements to the activity: it’s freezing cold, the bucket really smells, the floor is slippery, etc.
Have a comment or suggestion? Leave it below!