Purpose: A fun way to get students comfortable around each other and outside their shell.
1. Have everyone stand in a circle.
2. On the count of 3, the players have the choice of being one of three things (like rock, paper, scissors):
ALIEN: they hold their fingers up to their head like an antennae and say “Bleep, bleep, bleep”
TIGER: they throw their hands out like claws and say “Roooar!”
COW: they put their hands on their tummies with fingers sticking out (like utters) and say “Mooo”
3. On the count of 3 everyone has the choice of being one of these things.
4. Whichever one of these things is in the minority, those players must leave the circle (i.e. there are 4 aliens, 7 tigers, and 3 cows: the cows are in the minority and must leave the circle)
5. Continue until there are only 1 or 2 people left.
– A different approach to playing this game is for the goal be for everyone to become the SAME character (no elimination). Obviously it will take a few turns for this to happen. Let the students organically try to figure it out.
Have a question or a comment? Leave it below!
Need a children’s musical for your upcoming camp or school year? Check out our award-winning selection here.
Image courtesy of Simon Howden / FreeDigitalPhotos.net