Purpose: A fun way to get students comfortable around each other and outside their shell.
1. Have everyone stand in a circle.
2. On the count of 3, the players have the choice of being one of three things (like rock, paper, scissors):
ALIEN: they hold their fingers up to their head like an antennae and say “Bleep, bleep, bleep”
TIGER: they throw their hands out like claws and say “Roooar!”
COW: they put their hands on their tummies with fingers sticking out (like utters) and say “Mooo”
3. On the count of 3 everyone has the choice of being one of these things.
4. Whichever one of these things is in the minority, those players must leave the circle (i.e. there are 4 aliens, 7 tigers, and 3 cows: the cows are in the minority and must leave the circle)
5. Continue until there are only 1 or 2 people left.
– A different approach to playing this game is for the goal be for everyone to become the SAME character (no elimination). Obviously it will take a few turns for this to happen. Let the students organically try to figure it out.
Have a question or a comment? Leave it below!
Need a children’s musical for your upcoming camp or school year? Check out our award-winning selection here.
Image courtesy of Simon Howden / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
3 thoughts on “Drama Game: Alien, Tiger, Cow”
Do the musicals you sell come with sheet music or pre recorded?
Hi Beth, the musicals come with both sheet music and pre recorded music. You can read about everything that comes in the production kit here: https://bbbpress.com/production-kit/
you can also tell all kids to move around acting like the animal that has been copied by the highest number of kids then form a new circle and start again.