With this eBook you’ll receive:
- Ready-to-go virtual lesson plans with over 50 hours of instruction
- Organized into four “camps”, or “units”, that culminate in a virtual performance
- Over 250 distance learning activities in acting, music, dance, improv, playwriting, radio plays, and more!
- Links to YouTube videos and digital resources throughout
- Sample Beat by Beat monologues, scenes and songs to aid the lessons
- 8 MP3 Beat by Beat Music Cues to use for virtual music rehearsal (MP3s)
As an instructor you’ll learn:
- Tips and tricks for using Zoom to enhance theatre games
- How to setup and organize your sessions to avoid Zoom fatigue
- How to effectively use Zoom breakout rooms for acting, music, dance
- How to help kids feel connected over Zoom
Overview of each Virtual Camp Experience:
Below is an overview of the four camp experiences. Each virtual camp curriculum features three virtual instruction blocks that students rotate through throughout the day.
- Week #1: Broadway Variety Show!
- Week #2: Improv, Script Writing, Radio Plays
- Script Writing
- Radio Plays
- Week #3: Super Summer Actor’s Studio!
- Acting the Scene
- Acting the Song
- Week #4: All About the Arts
Of course you are welcome and encouraged to adapt, and mix and match the camp curriculum however you feel will work best for your students!
A resource you can trust
Beat by Beat Press is the leader in providing today’s best resources for theatre educators. Our website attracts over 450,000 visits a month by teachers just like you seeking high-quality materials to use in the classroom. Our materials have been used in performance spaces and classrooms in over 100 countries and translated into 5 languages. Recently Beat by Beat was featured in American Theatre Magazine for its work on the virtual musical The Show Must Go Online, which has received over 650 productions around the globe. You can feel confident that the materials you receive are top-notch.
This resource was written and compiled by Amanda Broadfoot, owner of Making Light Productions in Tallahassee, FL. When the pandemic hit in mid March, she developed many of these activities out of necessity, meticulously noting what works within an online environment and what doesn’t. That means each of these activities has been tested and proven over the past three months with hundreds of kids in virtual sessions. She’s done the time-consuming planning work for you so you can focus on what you do best…teaching!
Download this eBook today.
We know it’s a difficult time financially for many arts organizations and drama clubs. That is the main reason we created this resource – to help by providing you the very best curriculum so you can easily run your virtual classes while keeping kids engaged, parents happy, and hopefully earn some income for your organization.
Other drama teacher resource websites charge monthly subscription fees that can cost you over $440 each year.
You can download this book, with Beat by Beat material you will not be able to find anywhere else, with enough curriculum to instantly plan four unique virtual camp experiences, for only $50.