Type: Improv, Creativity
Purpose: A simple improv game that helps create a positive creative environment.
1. Have the class stand in a semi-circle.
2. Everyone standing in the semi-circle is a “superfan” of whomever steps in front of them.
3. One at a time members of the group will step in front and narrate a real or fictional story.
4. The superfans will cheer and gush as soon as the speaker steps out, then react with great enthusiasm and admiration and “ooooohs!” and “ahhhs!” as he/she narrates the story.
5. Continue until everyone has had a chance to tell a story.
The story can either be as mundane or as fantastical as desired. Sometimes it’s more fun if you require the stories to be true…anything that the kids can remember from their morning. EXAMPLE: “This morning, I woke up 5 minutes late (gasp!), put on my slippers (how cute! how sweet! what an amazing idea!) and went to brush my teeth (cheer!), but was out of toothpaste (gasp!)…so I used mouthwash instead (cheer! applause!).”
Have a comment or suggestion? Leave it below!
Beat by Beat Press is passionate about inspiring kids through theatre. That’s why we create unique teaching drama resources and high-quality musical plays for kids to perform.