Purpose: To help kids not break focus and stay in character.
1. Divide the class into two groups, Group A and Group B.
2. Have Group A form a single file line offstage right, and Group B form a single file line offstage left.
3. One person from Group A and Group B will walk toward the center. “A” will face “B” and ask him/her a question. No matter the question, “B” must keep a straight face and answer “sausage”.
4. Then they will exit and a new pair will take the stage.
A: What’s that hanging from your ear?
A: What’s your sister’s name?
A: How old are you?
5. After everyone has gone, select a few volunteers to go into the “hot seat” and ask him/her several rapid fire questions, in which each response should be “sausage” with a straight face. See if they can get through 8 questions in a row.
Have a comment or suggestion? Leave it below!
Image courtesy of amenic181 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
3 thoughts on “Drama Game: Sausage!”
O.K. I thank you for this idea! I need more!! I am not a theater teacher (elementary music teacher, instead) though I love Broadway! Going to purchase your “Twas the Week After Christmas” show – looks so much fun! I’m soooooo thrilled to find out about you!!!
Thanks for the comment Amy! We know you’ll have a blast with "Twas the Week After Christmas"! We try and update every week so make sure to check back often 🙂
Love this game!! We had so much fun with it.
One of my teenage students suggested we answer with “My grandma’s undies”.
So, it went something like this:
What is your favorite animal?
My grandma’s undies
Oh dear! 😀